Want to Share the Good News?
Attending FutureDocs Abroad isn’t just big news to your family, it’s also the kind of news your community papers, radio stations, and even television stations like to share!
We’ve created a template for you to use to create your very own News Release. Here’s what to do:
- Complete the information below to personalize your news release with your name, hometown, school and print it out.
- Create a cover letter from you that lets the reporter know more about you (hobbies, honors, other awards, or sports). Print it out and add it on top of the news release.
- Attach a picture (optional, but a nice touch).
- Create a distribution list of local newspapers and magazines (include your school paper), radio stations and television stations. Use the internet or your phone book to find addresses. You can also distribute your news release to reporters email addresses.
- Send your letters and news releases to the attention of the City Editor at newspapers, the Assignment Desk at television stations, and the Station Manager at radio stations. It is not necessary to research their name, just send to the title.
- Be prepared to talk with reporters about your story. You may want to prepare some bullet points about what interests you in medicine or science.
If you talk with a reporter, be prepared to talk about yourself. You may want to prepare some bullet points about why you’re so passionate about medicine. If they have any questions about the program or the organization, have them call Lisa Rossi at 202-599-8442, extension 701.
Good luck! And send copies of your articles to: